Thursday, November 13, 2008

Verizon Blackberry Storm

Word is out that the Blackberry Storm is officially being released next Friday, Nov 21.  So what does that mean?  I am going to get off work and get my well anticipated phone!  I am so very much excited and I hope this phone is as great as I think it is.  Yeah its $250 but I think I've saved enough silver coins and dollars in my piggy bank to get me this.  Soon to be bye bye LG phone to hello Blackberry!




Now lets talk about piggy banks! For a couple of years now Bank of America has this wonderful feature called Keep the Change.  I used to be horrible and saving up so I decided to open a checking account with them to check out this feature...and I love it!  So this is how it works...BofA will round up any transactions you make and the difference will get transferred to your savings account.  But how it really happens is kinda tricky.  For example, I went to Starbucks and got a Grande White Chocolate Mocha for $3.65 and gas at $32.01.  In my bank statement I will see those transactions as they are.  At the end of the day BofA will make its own transaction which is more like a transfer of loose change.  So what they do is, for that day BofA will calculate the difference between the debited amount to the rounded amount...so $0.35 for Starbucks and $0.99 for gas.  Then in my statement it will say BofA transferred a total of $1.34 ($0.35 plus  $0.99) to my savings.  It doesn't sound like much but when you think $1 in change a day thats $30 of change you put into your savings account with no effort.  Kinda neat huh?  Oh!  And for the first three months BofA will match you cent by cent, so if you save $5.00 in Keep the Change, BofA will give you $5.00.  And for the rest of the year they will match 5%.  But you see this only at the end of the year.  My year was up last month and BofA gave me $75!  Free money, why not?  

Aside from that, I have real piggy banks, one at work and one at home.  Everytime I pay in cash I will purposely not use my silver coins so that when I remember to I'll put them in my piggy bank.  I started this is January so when time comes to empty them out, I'll let you know!  Oh and this money is going to be spent on something I want, therefore the phone or a laptop.  I figure maybe not phone because that is something I would have had to buy anyway.  

Happy Saving everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home